(Disclaimed- this post is not an ad, sponsored and does not contain any affiliate links. Bodhi & Birch were kind enough to give us a sample and informations about the products in Exchange of our honest opinion).
Remember last week when I talked about an oil that I’ve been using as a primer (here)? After so many questions about that, I think I give it enough time! It’s the Neroli Lucé Revitalising face oil by Bodhi & Birch.
First let me tell you that before I enter the Instagram world, I didn’t know about this brand. But after seeing their products, I was immediatly sold! This is an England brand that does not condone animal testing and all products have been tested on volunteer human testers, not animals. I give a great value to brands like this.
Their product ingredients are ethically sourced from sustainable origins and free from petrochemicals, parabens, silicone, carbomer, acrylic-polymers and do not contain synthetic colors, synthetic fragrances, animal ingredients or palm oil.
I received a sample of this oil a month ago, and I’ve been using it since then, to give you, beauties, my honest review.
This oil is created specifically for normal to combination skin, perfect for dull, tired or blemish-prone skin types too.
If you don’t know, Neroli is the oil extracted from the fragrant blossoms of the bitter orange tree. Sourced from Tunisia and considered to be the very finest, the oil comes from trees cultivated by small growing co-operatives and families and sot subjected to agrochemicals. This ingredient is known for its ability to improve skin’s elasticity and balance both oily and dry skin.
It’s interesting to know that Neroli is also an anti-depressant essential oil, because of is sedative and balancing properties.
This oil is also blended with other active botanicals, such as:
– Frankincense- known by its amazing skin regeneration properties which help improve skin tone. It is inherently astringent so it acts as a balancer, reducing excess oiliness or dryness.
– Sea Buckthorn Oil- this oil is rich in vitamins, fatty acids, lipids and flavonoids that will help healing the skin wounds and injuries, combating at the same time, wrinkles and dryness.
– Grapeseed Oil- known by its capacity of absorption, encouraging the production of elasticity and hyaluronic acid in the skin. It contains antioxidants that help protect the skin against damage from free radicals (enabling skin to retain firmness and youthfulness for longer).
– Evening Primrose Oil- Strengthens the skin’s structure and improves elasticity because of his high concentration of gamma-linoleic acid.
– Apricot Kernel oil- Rich in vitamins, known for its soothing and nourishing properties.
– Jojoba oil- with anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, rich in vitamins, minerals and fatty acids. Its compatibility with sebum helps unclog pores.
How to use:
Use morning and night after cleansing and toning. Massage one or two pumps over face blending from décolletage up to forehead. Apply after serum and before moisturizer.
As I said in the beginning, I use one pump before make-up, as a primer. You can smooth excess on palms over hands to nourish and protect.
If you have oily or combo skin, it’s difficult to understand how adding an oil to skin will help, right? It made me confusion in the beginning too, but you have to understand that sometimes, our skin produces oil because it’s not balanced. It can be dehydrated, like mine, for example.
This oil is to rebalance the skin’s natural hydration system. So, don’t be afraid.
I’ve been using it for a month I noticed since the first week my skin oil production more balanced. My skin is also more hydrated without feeling greasy. I feel my skin less dull and my complexion is clear.
Its claims that elasticity and resilience improve over time. As the skin is protected from free radical’s damage and cocooned in the vibrant aroma of Mediterranean orange blossoms.
I cannot talk about the free radicals damage, but I can talk about the aroma. It’s marvelous! It smells so good! I cannot stop talking about the smell of this oil. So, I’m just gonna shut up about that.
The box Bodhi & Birch send to us, smelled so good too. I had the box opened for one week and everyone who entered my room asked me what was that smell. 5 stars for the packaging and attencion on the card they send.
Neroli Lucé Revitalising face oil is packaged and preserved in Biophotonic Violet Glass and have a period after opening of six months (as all Bodhi & Birch products).
Its available in here and select stocklists. Neroli Lucé Oil have a cost of £32 for 15 ml (remember that with this product a little goes a long way).
(When I receive a product to try, I have two options: don’t talk about it or say honestly what I think of it, for you to know. Then you can try on your own account. So, remember that this is my honest opinion).
Have you tried this oil? What do you think?