I have a problem and would love your help to solve it. It’s not a PROBLEM, it’s more a decision that I have to make and your help would be lovely! In the end of April I wrote a post about Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm (click here if you didn’t read it). This is a balm that came in a lookfantastic box and after trying it, I immediately fell in love!
like I said in the post, the moringa cleansing balm verifies two major criteria that are very important to me when it comes to cleansing balms – it doesn’t burn my eyes and it takes all the makeup without leaving my combo skin oilier or with some kind of film that some cleansing balms tend to leave. The moringa balm also conditions the skin as it cleanses. I really love it but unfortunately mine just finished!
And you are asking, what’s the problem Rita? You just need to buy another.
yeah, I really wanted to do that but there’s a problem. I live in Portugal and the Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm it’s only available in UK. Since the beginning of the month, Portugal customs changed somes rules and for what I understand everything that costs more than 22€ stays in customs. And that means that later I have to pay customs costs and it’s a bummer when we have to call to customs to know how and when the package will reach our house. Been there, done that and don’t advice Portugal customs to anyone!
Because I want to save a headache, I really wanted to buy something that’s available in Portugal websites and that I can have in my house in 3-4 days. So there’s a few options that came to me when I searched for cleansing balms.
I checked each one and like everything, I read good and bad things. I’m writing this post hoping that you can give your opinion about these products. Maybe you have tried one or two and your help would be very appreciated!
- Belief Aqua Bomb Makeup removing cleansing balm : I read that smells really good, takes the makeup off easily but burns a lot in the eyes.
The Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm: I read that’s good and takes the makeup really well, but also read that’s not good for oily skin. Some people complain about the fact that it’s a workout to try take the product from the package, but I don’t mind if the product is good. The price of this product is better than nice.
- Clinique Take the Day off: this product is in my radar since last year but I read that’s not the best for people with oily skin.
- Paula’s Choice Omega+Complex Cleansing balm: this is a new product, I just read good things from people that have dry skin and says that this is really good. I have combo/oily skin, so I don’t know.
- Sephora Melting Cleansing Balm: I was really interested in this product. It has a good price and I can have it in my house in two days. It also has a lot of natural ingredients which is always good. But I read that it doesn’t take waterproof mascara and it burns the eyes.
- Wishful Clean genie: I read really good things about this product and overall the reviews are positive. The price is not the best, but compared with the moringa balm, it’s not the worst. It also contains a lot of natural ingredients. But I’m always scared with Huda’s products because they tend to have a lot of fragrances, which can let to breakouts.
- Farmacy Green Clean: this is the product with more positive comments. But like the Moringa Balm, it’s not available in Portugal so it’s always a risk. It can be stopped at customs and that’s everything that I don’t want. But if you say that it’s worth the risk…
What do you think? Have you tried any of these products? Let me know what is your favorite. I really need your help.