Last month was my birthday, and I received some pretty amazing presents, one of them was the NYX Control Freak Eyebrow Gel.
My brows were always wild, and by now, I’m in piece with the fact that they will never be sisters but more like distant cousins! If your brows are wild you know my struggle to keep them in place!
I wanted to buy the “Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Freeze Styling” because it promised to be a styling wax, that is customizable to straighten, discipline, and sculpt the brows. I liked the fact that it is a universal formula, easy to apply, and from what I read, it disciplines thick eyebrows throughout the day. But I wanted something to carry in my bag and be able to apply at work. Carrying the product and an eyebrow brush is far from practical!
I must also add that not long ago, I read an article by our blogger friend Michele Goes Glossy who mentioned some negative points of the ABH gel, and I must say that after what I read, I’m very glad I didn’t buy it. Despite everything, I still feel some curiosity to try and see the reason why there’s so much buzz around the product!
Now let’s go back to the NYX Control Freak. I received this product, and I have to say, that when it comes to practical and easy, this product is a win-win.
According to the website…
“NYX Professional Makeup Control Freak Eyebrow Gel offers a new way to tame those arches fast. The clear formula works great with powders and pencils you use to fill-in your brows to seal the deal and hold them in place. The unique, non-sticky formula is comfortable to wear all day and can double as a clear mascara that defines, separates and enhances the natural curl of lashes”.
Im going to be really simple and divide the pros and the cons of this product:
- It does the job
- Perfect to achieve a natural look
- easy to apply
- practical to carry
- when it dries, keeps the brows in place all day
- you can apply the layers you want while is still wet
- great price
- Takes a little do dry
- I can’t achieve the so-called ”laminated brows” with this product, it doesn’t have enough power for that in my thick brows
- It does dry a little stiff but nothing too major (my advice is to run with a clean brow brush)
- If you use too much it can turn into that ‘white glue thing’ that looks like glue on the eyebrows, but this only happened to me when I decided to apply a second layer on top of a dry layer.
What do you think? Can you see the differences?
Have you tried this product? What’s your favorite Brow gel! I’m always looking for recommendations ahahha